Online Counseling will not be utilized for individuals who are struggling with suicidal or homicidal thoughts or ideation. If you are experiencing either of these concerns, please call 911 or contact your local emergency behavioral health facility. Those with severe mental illness or behavioral concerns should utilize in-office mental health services, and will not be appropriate for Online Counseling.
Individuals who are considering counseling for anxiety, depression, career concerns, stress management, relationship and family concerns, self-esteem, personal growth, or similar issues are great candidates for Online Counseling.
Please note: Online Counseling can only be utilized by residents that live in the state of North Carolina, due to licensure.
Most insurance plans cover online counseling under the telehealth benefits. Please contact your insurance carrier to confirm benefits.
Condifentiality is very important to us as providers for all therapeutic services. The limits to confidentiality remain the same for online services, as they do for in-office services:
- Suspected child abuse of dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensureing their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Due to the nature of online and internet-based communication, your level of confidentiality may be reduced. We advise that you are alone when communicating with me to avoid your confidentiality being breached.
Studies have shown that there are great benefits to Online Counseling such as:
- Lower rates than traditional, in-office mental health and life coaching services
- Wider range of session availability, outside of traditional work hours
- Providing services to individuals who are unable to leave their home, due to medical limitations or responsibilities within their home
- Providing services to individuals who are uncomfortable/anxious being around others
- Providing services to those who are working out-of-town, on-vacation, or living in another state
- The ability to communicate concerns to counselor/life coach via email or chat in-session
- The ability for those who are visually impaired or hearing impaired to obtain services
- The ability to avoid the commute to an office for services
Feel free to contact us with any questions about Online Counseling.